RNW Media is looking for a Coordinator Operations
At RNW Media, we support young people who want to speak freely and make their own informed choices about their futures. We work with them to develop online platforms that provide young people with information in areas where this information is often restricted or taboo. These platforms are safe places where they can engage with each other and have conversations about what really matters to them – both personally and politically. Your job will be to support them as they find their voices, build communities and drive social change.
We use a positive, aspirational approach and are working in three regions on two themes. The first theme focuses on realising sexual and reproductive health and gender rights (SRHGR) through Love Matters. The second theme is called Citizen’s Voice and will surface hopes and dreams as well as barriers to participation such as discrimination, polarization, corruption, violence and lack of accountability. Examples of Citizen’s Voice projects are Burundian bloggers collective Yaga, the Yemen Youth Panel and This is Africa. RNTC is RNW Media’s internationally renowned media training institute, a learning hub for high-calibre media worldwide. We go beyond traditional methods, combining powerful theory, rigorous professional practice and creative innovation. RNTC’s ground-breaking model for persuasive storytelling enables media professionals to produce content with life-changing impact.
Purpose of the position;
RNTC offers intensive courses in the Netherlands, flexible learning online and tailor-made training worldwide. Coordinating all these activities (according to the RNTC strategy) in the RNTC department is the core activity of the Coordinator Operations.
Positioning in the organization;
This senior position reports to the RNTC manager.
What do you have to do?
• Negotiates contracts and financials with potential suppliers;
• Manages accreditation needs;
• Links the client needs and resources for tailored trainings;
• Schedules and plans the courses, Is responsible for the bookings of trainers and actors for specific trainings;
• Creates, sends out evaluations and processes the results;
• Manages the applications by screening, ensuring all the information is present and supports the financial process of self-paying candidates;
• Defines the database management strategy for registration, in line with the RNTC strategy;
• Monitors invoices, budgets, and other financial processes.
• Contributes to the annual reports and (budgeting)plans of RNW Media, with RNTC specific information;
What do you need to have?
• 5+ years relevant experience;
• Bachelor Degree in a relevant field;
• Affinity with new information and communication technologies;
• Ability to manage and develop relationships with partners, customers, and funders;
• Fluent in English & Dutch, French is a bonus.
What do we offer?
Working at RNW Media is much more than a job. In addition to a competitive salary and benefits you support young people to drive social change. You also become part of a young and multi-cultural team of professionals representing numerous countries, working both in Hilversum and in the regions. We have an informal and flexible work structure that emphasizes well-being as much as it does quality work. You also get to work in an office with a great green space right up against a national forest. The Hilversum Mediapark train station is only a 10-minute walk.
We offer a one-year contract based on 32 – 36 hours, with potential for renewal. The position falls in salary scale G (€ 2525 – € 3852). You receive an 8% holiday allowance and a 6% year-end bonus, both based on your annual salary.
How to apply?
Please upload your motivation and CV here before the 30th of September 2017. If we have a lot of response and/or found a suitable candidate we will close the vacancy before the given end date.