Share-Net International is looking for a consultant to review and revise its communication strategy. If you have a wide range of professional experience in developing, monitoring, and evaluating communication strategies in an international environment, this could be for you.
Process and deliverables
Share-Net International would like to recruit a communication consultant to undertake this review. This person will guide the local consultants in Bangladesh, Jordan, and Burundi. Local consultants in the hubs will collect data about the local context which will be shared with the consultant to inform the overall communication strategy of Share-Net International, and the consultant will take care of the data collection for Share-Net Netherlands. The hired consultant is expected to:
- Deliverable 1: Undertake a review of good practices on knowledge platform communication strategies.
- Deliverable 2: Develop a plan of action that highlights the strategies that will be used during the assignment. This action plan includes guidelines for local consultants.
- Deliverable 3: Undertake rapid needs assessment with the Share-Net International hub in the Netherlands (Share-Net Netherlands), its members, and secretariat staff (survey and online interviews).
- Deliverable 4: Develop an overall Communication Strategy for Share-Net international incorporating the Netherlands and with input from the local consultants in Jordan, Bangladesh and Burundi, and a plan to monitor and evaluate the implementation of the strategy. The document will include the following
- Organizational objectives and specific communication objectives
- Summary of needs assessment
- Stakeholders and target audiences
- Key messages
- Communication channels
- Plan of Action with tools/tactics/approaches
- Any budget needed for implementation (if needed)
- Measuring and Reporting
- Recommendations for each of the hub’s communication strategies
- Professional experience in developing, monitoring, and evaluating communication strategies and social media, preferably in large networks.
- Master level degree in communication science.
- Experience with network organisations (structure, governance, the role of members, the role of secretariat).
- Familiar with international development and/or Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights and/or gender equality.
- Affinity with Share-Net International’s mission and vision.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proficient in spoken/written English.
What We Offer
Remuneration of a max of 15 working days at 500 euros per day excl. VAT.
To apply, please send your CV and proposal that includes the proposed methodology and timeline to firstname.lastname@example.org before the 28th of May 2020. If you have any questions, please email: Meike Stieglis, Share-Net Netherlands Coordinator and Interim Share-Net International Coordinator (email@example.com) or Maria Codina, Share-Net International Country Coordinator, (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Please click here to read the full ToR Communications Strategy.