At RNW Media, we support young people who want to speak freely and make their own informed choices about their futures. We work with them to develop online platforms that provide young people with information in areas where this information is often restricted or taboo. These platforms are safe places where they can engage with each other and have conversations about what really matters to them – both personally and politically. Your job will be to support them as they find their voices, build communities and drive social change.
We use a positive, aspirational approach and are working in three regions on two themes. The first theme focuses on realizing sexual and reproductive health and gender rights (SRHGR) through Love Matters. Here we’ll focus on unmet needs relating to reproductive health and access to safe abortion, intimate partner violence, gender based violence and LGBT rights. The second theme is called Citizen’s Voice and will surface hopes and dreams as well as barriers to participation such as discrimination, polarization, corruption, violence and lack of accountability. We’re facilitating and supporting youth in becoming the citizen they want to be in the society they want to be in. Examples of Citizen’s Voice projects are Burundian bloggers collective Yaga, the Yemen Youth Panel and This is Africa.
RNW Media is looking for a:
Purpose of the position
Developing strategy for effectively engaging young people and change-makers in the digital space in fragile and conflict states, with the goal of amplifying their voices and increasing their influence. Identifying SEA activities and social media campaigns to strengthen youth engagement and support social change. Gathering and analysing input from country and programme teams to develop the above strategies. Liaising with communications colleagues to ensure message cohesion and brand position.
Positioning in the organization
Reports to the Content Strategist (Technical) in the Programmes and Implementation unit and coordinates closely with engagement coordinators and counterparts in the regional teams.
What do you have to do?
• Under the guidance of the Content Strategist (Technical) with input from regional and programme teams, develops strategy on youth engagement across all digital platforms
• Sets targets for social media engagement and monitors these targets
• Supports the work of Engagement Coordinators with SEA strategies and oversees SEA contracts
• Ensures that SEA strategies are aligned with SEO activities
• Ensures the right skills are present or developed in the regional implementation teams
• Identifies new opportunities/ platforms to optimize digital engagement
• Oversees the development of guides and tool kits for regional teams to roll out engagement strategy
• Keeps abreast of current media trends and promotes innovative approaches
What do you need to have?
• In- depth knowledge of SEA and digital engagement strategy;
• Knowledge of awareness-raising and behaviour change campaign strategies
• Experience or understanding of the process of social change and/or behaviour change through media;
• Experience in managing a team and taking responsibility for colleagues’ performance;
• 3+ years relevant experience;
• Experience with international teams;
• Knowledge of user design processes;
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
• Strong organisation and communication skills, high accuracy, drive for results;
• Fluency in English, written and spoken;
• Fluency in French, Chinese, Hindi and/or Arabic a plus
• Project management experience a plus.
What do we offer?
Working at RNW Media is much more than a job. In addition to a competitive salary and benefits you support young people to drive social change. You also become part of a young and multi-cultural team of professionals representing several countries, working both in Hilversum and in the regions. We have an informal and flexible work structure that emphasises wellbeing as much as it does quality work. You also get to work in an office with a great green space right up against a national forest.
The Hilversum Mediapark train station is only a 10 minute walk. We offer a one-year contract based on 36 hours, with potential for renewal. The position falls in salary scale H (€ 2.957 – € 4.651). You receive an 8% holiday allowance and a 6% year-end bonus, both based on your annual salary.
How to apply?
Please complete the application form here before the 30th of September 2017.
|Job Category||Engagement Strategist|